The D23 Expo was held in Anaheim, California this past week. A lot of awesome news about changes to Walt Disney World were released! So let’s dig into them and see what is going to happen.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be the official name of the Star Wars themed lands at Both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. For Walt Disney World, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be in the Hollywood Studios theme park. Two major attractions will put you in the middle of the Star Wars action! The lands are set to open in 2019! No word yet exactly when in 2019, so stay tuned in. Click Here for more info.
- The Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios is being replaced with Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Mickey finally gets his first ride-through attraction! You will be immersed in the world of a Mickey Mouse Cartoon Short. We love watching the Mickey Shorts on the Disney Channel. The last day to ride the Great Movie Ride is August 13, 2017. No date yet on when this ride will be open. More info here.
- EPCOT is getting Guardians of the Galaxy and Ratatouille attractions. The Guardians of the Galaxy ride will replace the Universe of Energy attraction. The Ratatouille attraction will be added to the France Pavilion in the World Showcase. The attractions should be open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021. See more here.
- Magic Kingdom will get a Tron attraction! It will be located next to Space Mountain and will not replace any attraction. There had been rumors that Tomorrowland Speedway was going to be replaced with this. This will be a coaster styled attraction similar to the one at Shanghai Disneyland. This attraction should be open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021. More info here.
- New Space restaurant in EPCOT. It will be located near the Mission:SPACE attraction, giving guests out of this world views. No date yet on when it will be open. More info here.
- Star Wars inspired Resort. All you Star Wars fans have another thing to be excited about! This resort will be all about immersion. This will be an adventure within itself. Again, no opening date announced yet. More info here.
- Disney Skyliner. We heard earlier in the year about these, but now we have more details. You will be able to ride a gondola in the air that will connect Art of Animation Resort, Pop Century Resort, and Caribbean Beach Resort with Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. This will be neat to see another form of transportation from your resort to the parks. No opening date announced yet. See more info.
- Toy Story Land will open Summer of 2018!!! We have been waiting on this! Our family loves Toy Story so we are excited to finally know when it will open. If you have any Toy Story fans, you will not want to miss this. We can book book Walt Disney World vacations out to December of 2018, so go ahead and get your plans made for a Summer or Fall 2018 vacation now! Visit our WDW Quote form to get your pricing now. See more info.
We hope you are as excited about these upcoming additions and changes as we are! We would love to give you a price quote on any Disney vacation your family may be considering. Please contact us today for a free, no obligation quote.