How to beat the Heat at Walt Disney World: So hot what are you going to do?
1. Misting Fan: Purchase this before your trip, much cheaper than what you pay for the Disney one with the characters on it. Another tip with the fan is to add ice to the water.…
2. FREE Ice Water: Yes you can actually get some free stuff at Disney and water is one of them. Go up to any counter service restaurant or kiosk and ask for an ice water.
3. Frozen treat: What a great way to beat the heat. My family loves the Dole Whip Float and Mickey Shaped Ice Cream treat.
4. Get yourself Wet: Splash Mountain and Casey Junior’s Splash Pad at the Magic Kingdom are awesome ways. Epcot has a splash pad that I’ve seen plenty of adults stand in along with kids. Animal Kingdom has Kali River Rapids where you are sure to get soaked on. Plus people standing outside of the ride can soak you as well. Disney Springs also has a splash pad area with plenty of benches to sit.
5. Resort Rest: Go back to your resort and nap in the AC. Go to your resorts pool and relax. Your body will get a chance to rest and cool down for an evening adventure in the parks.
6. Sunscreen Sunscreen Sunscreen: Apply before heading to the park, reapply while at the parks. Also don’t forget your lips, most chap-sticks have some sort of SPF in them.
7. Hats: Great way to keep the sun off your face. I like to pour water in my hat and then slam it on my head, keeps the top part of my body cool.
8. Attractions to cool you down: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios have plenty of attractions that are indoors. This is not the case for Animal Kingdom.
9. Club Cool at Epcot: Coca-Cola store that has free tastes of eight soft drinks from around the world. It nice and cold and best of all, it’s free!!! The store is always nice and cold
10. Water Parks: Disney has 2 awesome water parks : Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.
Please stay hydrated and be safe!!!!